Domainwarning.com has an excellent article on explaining tips on choosing domain registrar. According to them, you want to register your domain with a registrar who:
- Never hides any fees, like “transfer-out” fees.
- Pays the registry for the same number of years you order, up front
- Gives you direct, unfettered access to your whois records, your registrar locks, your auth codes and even total control over your domain’s DNS settings like hostname records, mail exchangers and nameservers
- Offers a free whois email privacy service and will never sell your data to a third party
- Who doesn’t “monetize” your domains
- Who never “front runs” prospective domain searchers
- A domain registrar who answers the phone and basically doesn’t try to upsell you or sell you a bunch of services you don’t need or want, who is courteous, professional and has over 10 years experience providing rock solid domain and DNS services.
Learn more here.