Design is a crucial for you website. You do not want your visitor leave your website, before your goals for them are achieved. You should pay extra attention for detail to make sure it performs optimally to serve its purpose. Here are tips for your web design:
- Do not put lots of banner. Lots of people have trained themselves to ignore banner. They might think your website as “cheap” if you put lots of banner.
- Have a easy to use navigation. Use navigation where beginner will know how to use it. Do not use complicated Flash menus or multi-tiered dropdown menus.
- Have a maximum color of three. Do not puts a lot of color on your website. Unless you are in an art business, and you want to give your website “colorfull” look.
- Use easy to read font. I like verdana for my website.
- Layout must be consistent throughout the site. You do not want your visitor to learn your layout everytime they change page.