When it comes to pay per click advertising, most people just use the big companies: AdWords, Yahoo! Search Marketing, and MSN adCenter. They have the highest traffic and you will be paying more for this. That’s why you should also try the small one.
Don’t just pick them. Do some research on them to find out their quality. Here’s how do you it:
- Find out where the traffic is coming from. You can do it by asking on forum, read their website carefully for this information. If you can’t find anything, try it with little money to find out. The company should be sending traffic from search engine, which has higher conversion.
- They should have tools to help you like keyword bid tool where you can check for traffic volume, and average advertiser cost.
After you found the company. It’s time to setup your ads. The most important thing from your ad is your title. Your title must attract people’s eye. Try using buzz words like ‘super’, ‘top’, ‘free’, and ‘amazing’. Don’t forget to use capital letter too. Use keyword in your title, because they tend to have higher CTR. The second most important thing is your description. You should filter your visitor from here. Explain what you provide in your website. You can also put price to filter your visitor.
Here are other tips on PPC:
- Don’t go for number 1 position. You can target no 2 or 3 with lower cost. People usually click on #1 to #3.
- Use local search to get more targeted traffic to your website.
- Use “Scheduling” feature where you can define when when the ads are showing. For example if you have a product focused on corporate market, then just show these ads during business hours.
- Optimize your landing page. It would be useless if you receive traffic but fail to convert it. See tips on improving your landing page at landing page tips
and improve your landing page.