WordPress plugins are very usefull for your blog. They can help you get traffic. So here are a list of plugin that I use in my wordpress:
- Akismet, Akismet checks your comments against the Akismet web service to see if they look like spam or not. You need a WordPress.com API key to use it.
- Contact Form Plugin, just another contact form plugin. Simple but flexible.
- Dofollow, disables the rel=nofollow attribute in comments.
- FeedBurner plugin, detects all ways to access your original WordPress feeds and redirects them to your FeedBurner feed so you can track every possible subscriber.
- Global Translator, automatically translates a blog in fourteen different languages (English, French, Italian, German, Portuguese, Spanish, Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Arabic, Russian, Greek, Dutch, Norwegian) by wrapping four different online translation engines (Google Translation Engine, Babelfish Translation Engine, FreeTranslations.com, Promt).
- Google XML Sitemaps. This plugin will generate a sitemaps.org compatible sitemap of your WordPress blog which is supported by Ask.com, Google, MSN Search and YAHOO.
- Head META Description, insert HTML META description tag: excerpt/content brief for post/Page, description for category, and blog tagline for everything else.
- KeywordLuv, reward your commentators by separating their name from their keywords, in the link to their website, giving them improved anchor text. For example, leaving “Stephen @ Custom WordPress Plugins” in the name field, will result in the following: Stephen from Custom WordPress Plugins.
- Related Posts, returns a list of the related entries based on active/passive keyword matches.
- SEO Title Tag, search engine optimize your blog’s title tags. Create a customized title tag for any post, static page, category page.
- ShareThis, let your visitors share a post/page with others. Supports e-mail and posting to social bookmarking sites.
- Show Top Commentators, encourage more feedback and discussion from readers, by rewarding them every time they post a comment! Readers with the most comments are displayed on your WordPress blog, with their names (linked to their website if they provided one).
- Adsense plugin, insert Adsense code in your pages without modifying the template. Show different ads for articles older than 7 days (or as old as you wish).
WP-PostRatings, adds an AJAX rating system for your WordPress blog’s post/page.