Do you ever want to create your own website? Do you own a business and want to create a website but did not have enough money? If you answer yes, then this is your lucky day. With this article, you can learn to create your own website with wordpress, the blogging tool. Why WordPress, not Joomla? Because you can find lots of quality template for WordPress than Joomla, since more people are using WordPress than Joomla. Here are the steps:
- Buy your self a domain and hosting. For hosting, you can try WebHostingBuzz, because they have a package that is called 1-click Install WordPress where you can easily install WordPress
- After you have setup your WordPress, login to your administrator area and create Pages which does not allow comments and pings.
- Create contact us using this plugin. Go to Settings to get the Contact Form code. Create a new Page using this code.
- Set your Permalink to Common Settings with the value /%postname%/%category%/
- Go to your Reading Setting, and set Front Page Display with the page that you want to be the Home page.
- Go to your links/blogroll list and delete all the links there.
- Add links with the URL of your pages. Set the category to blogroll.
- Update the ‘blogroll’ category with ‘Main Menu’
- You can order your link in your website using this plugin. After you have order it, you need to modify your sidebar.php theme to use correct function as stated by the plugin or using the widget with the “My Link Order” widget.
- Edit your header.php of your theme and delete the top menu of your website.
You will now have a website made from WordPress. See the result here. If you have any difficulties, don’t hesitate to ask.