Domain name is one of the important think before you start your website or blog. There a three things a domain name can help you:
- Branding for your website. This can contains word which is not in the dictionary, like Yahoo or Google.
- Search Engine Optimization for your website. By using keywords on your domain name, you can have higher rank for the keyword in Search Engine Result Page (SERP). If you want to build a website on mortgage, you can create a website using the name homemortgagedeal.com.
- Targeting a specific niche for Google Adsense. By choosing homemortgagedeal.com domain name, your website will probably shows mortgage or real estate ads.
Here are tips on choosing domain name:
- Know what is your goal. Is it branding or SEO? If is for branding, choose short name domain, and easy to remember. If you are for the SEO, put keyword(s) on your domain name.
- Choose dot com (.com) domain. Most people will type .com for default.
- Use short and easy to spell domain name.
- Use your company name or product name as your domain name.
- If you are planning to branding your domain name, buy mispelled name too. Also buy another extensions to protect your brand like .net, .info, .biz
- Do not use hyphen for your domain name. Many people will forgot to It’s easy to forget the hyphens when typing a name.
- Dont use too much words on your domain, maximum three. So don’t go with besthomemortgagedeal.com (4 words).