Many people ask “Is it good using hyphens in a domain name””. Here are a few considerations when choosing your domain:
- It is easier to read in print like in business card. So hyphens is better for offline promotions. Just compare these two: homemortgagedeal.com or home-mortgage-deal.com
- Hyphenated domain names works better for search engine. Although current search engine technology has impoved much, they can be confused. Homemortgagesnow.com can mean “home mortgage snow” or “home mortgages now“.
- It is hard to say. If you are on radio and your domain is home-mortgage-deal.com, you need to say “home hyphen mortgage hyphen deal dot com”.
- Many people will usually forgot to type the hyphen.
- Url’s with hyphens do not look professional.
Only you can decide whether you are using hyphens or not. What do you think?