I just read a research by Microsoft Research. There are plenty of interesting statistics:
- The top three RSS reader used are Bloglines, Zhuaxia, and Google Reader.
- Most people subscribed more than 101 feeds in their primary RSS reader. Anyone of you subscribe more than 101 feeds? They have so much time to read?
- Most people will open their RSS reader more than 5 times a day.
- Most people spend their time reading RSS reader in a session more than 15 minutes.
- Most people reads their RSS reader in the evening.
- The top three most subscribed feed are http://feeds.feedburner.com/PlayinWithIt (PlayWithIt), http://googleblog.blogspot.com/atom.xml (Google), and http://feeds.feedburner.com/Techcrunch (Techcrunch).
- 44,5% people surveyed has blog and update it frequently. 36,5% people has blog but rerely update it, and finaly 19,1% do not have blog.
What I conclude from those statistic is blog readers is also blog writers. If you want to become a good blog writer, then you have to read other people blogs. This way, you will gain more and more knowledge and will help you in writing your blog. To write you need ideas, which you can get from other people’s blogs.